Stephen A. Watkins
Stephen A. Watkins (“Steve”) was born in Roanoke, Virginia. He earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1974 from Centre College of Kentucky. He received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Virginia in 1978 and was admitted to the Kentucky Bar on October 18, 1978. Steve is also admitted to practice law before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and the United States District Courts for both Eastern and Western Kentucky.
Steve is a current member and former Chairperson of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Kentucky Bar Association. He is a former member and former Chairperson of the Section’s Legislative Committee, which works for improvements in Kentucky statutory law in these areas. He is a former Chairperson of the Estate Planning and Probate Committee of the Louisville Bar Association. He is a current member, former Director, and former President of the Estate Planning Council of Louisville.
Steve is a current volunteer, former Advocacy Chairperson, and former Director of the American Heart Association, Ohio Valley Affiliate.
Current Employment Position(s)
- Estate and Tax Planning
- Probate Administration
- Probate Litigation and Trust Disputes/Modification/Termination
- Business Succession Planning
- Real Estate, Corporate, General Negotiation
- Probate & Trust Law section of Kentucky Bar, 2009 – Present (Member)
- Member of the Estate Planning Council of Louisville
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Centre College, Danville, Kentucky
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
You can reach Steve at steve(at)cookwatkins(dot)com.